For October this year Truck Mart LLC will be focusing on CB Radio safety. Cabs these days are often filled to the brim with new technology such as cell phones, laptops, GPS units and much more. As a result, many truckers no longer feel that it is necessary to own a CB radio. In this post we will discuss some of the major reasons why this device has the potential to save your life.
CB Radios are Lifesavers:
- CB radios are fairly inexpensive to own and offer you direct communication with drivers around you. Some drivers use their radios to alert nearby truckers of on-coming traffic jams, accidents, and road hazards. Not only can this prevent wasted time stuck in traffic but it can also prevent collisions.
- You never know when you may find yourself in an area without service and need assistance. In the event of an emergency, technical or medical, you’ll want to be able to get in touch with someone in your general vicinity. If you find yourself unable to make a phone call, being able to contact other drivers may be the difference between life and death.
- Although we believe it is important to have a CB radio in the cab with you, be sure to never let it become a distraction. It’s too easy to get caught up in a conversation and pay less attention to the road. On top of that, most radios are not hands-free devices, so only use them when necessary.
- Criminals hoping to steal cargo sometimes listen over CB radios in order to track down potential victims. Never share your personal information and do not talk openly about what you are hauling and where you plan on stopping.
- Some drivers have overheard questionable messages over their radios and were able to report the instances to local authorities. Human trafficking is a large issue across the United States. If you do have a radio, keep an ear out for any red flags that may indicate a human is being transported against their will.
If you do get a CB radio, be sure that you don’t get lost in the lingo. For a quick run-down of some of the basic slang terms, visit Smart-Trucking’s post HERE.
Truckers find themselves in strange and unfamiliar locations all the time. Not only do they have to deal with road hazards, but other problems can spring up at any second, some of which include health, weather, and criminal-related situations. A CB radio may just save your life. Because we think it is so important that every driver owns one, Truck Mart LLC will be raffling off a free radio to a lucky driver at the end of this month! To stay up-to-date on all of our events follow our Facebook page HERE.
Thanks for reading!
Truck Mart LLC
WHERE THE DREAM COMES ALIVE!
Visit us at:
Follow our Facebook page: